Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day for Him???

This year has been one of many changes, changing my married status, re-adjusting to married life, a new bigger family, starting grad school, but the biggest change of all, has been changing my last name. Maybe it's because I feel like I have a new identity, No Longer am I Elizabeth Marcell, I am Elizabeth Goertz. Those are two totally different names with different sounds and different handwriting. Because I am a teacher, I am constantly called by my last name and adjusting from Miss Marcell to Mrs. Goertz has been a really bittersweet time for me. I am extremely happy and feel so blessed to be a Goertz, but I am also proud of the last name Marcell, the same as my daddy and my connection to him. Either way I love my husband and feel like this huge transition, in my eyes, has brought us closer together (we are a family now) and has an ever reminding bond. We have the same last name now, that's a bond! So for this year for Valentine's Day I decided to celebrate that bond by buying him a framed picture art of our last name Goertz!! I love you Lovey and want to thank you for making me feel so honored to be a Goertz!

No comments: