Friday, December 17, 2010

29 Weeks!!!


29 Weeks and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for Baby Goertz :)
The 28 week doctor's appointment was on Tuesday and everything is moving along smoothly! Her heartbeat is 161 beats per minute. YAY!!
I seriously yelled, "Yes!!" When she told me my cervix was closed. I guess you never know how you're going to react until you're in that situation. But I assure you that if everything is still closed in 11 weeks, yes will not be the response.
The glucose test came back normal, so we get to sit back and enjoy the final 11 weeks of pregnancy.
The hustle and bustle of Christmas has moved in and as I was wrapping presents on the floor last night, not being able to reach the end of the wrapping paper for the big belly in the way, I just had to smile. The weird thing about pregnancy is that as it is getting closer to the end, the less the heartburn and the middle of the night dance parties bother me.
Because one day very soon, she will be here-which will be amazing and please understand that I cannot wait to meet her and see her, but it will be completely different, so while she is always with me and I get to feel her practicing her moves throughout the day, I will smile and savor this time, because I will never have it back.
Thank you God for this blessing and the blessing of being pregnant. May I remember your love and grace at 12:30 in the morning when I awake from heartburn and dance parties.

1 comment:

missy said...

Oh Liz, I'm SO happy that you have kept up with the belly pics....they are priceless and she is going to LOVE looking at them one day. We miss you guys SO much!! Hopefully we can get together before this Baby Girl comes....maybe when Christmas is over.

Enjoy every single second!!

Ya'll have a blessed Christmas!!